Hello and welcome to my website! I’m Chris Yates and I’m a marketing strategist with a real passion for marketing.
As far as I’m concerned, it’s the perfect mix of science and art. Nothing is more satisfying than uncovering the perfect product marketing mix, putting campaigns in motion, and then monitoring the results to find opportunities to fine-tune for improved results. My strengths lie in problem-solving, developing customized tactics, strategies, and campaigns that produce leads and sales, and competitively branding products in the marketplace.
Feel free to look around the site and see what I’ve been working on recently!
Recruited to turn around under-performing marketing department with accountability for overall marketing strategy, performance, campaign creation and management, target identification, lead generation, and strategic planning.
- Implemented inbound marketing strategy: 642% increase in website traffic, 143% increase in social media engagement, and 143% increase in leads.
- Designed and supervised company re-branding strategy, including website remodel, content strategy, and email campaign strategy.
- Worked with sales team to refine sales strategy: defining life-cycle, buyer personas, and sales criteria, sales team follow-up, campaign strategy, and prospect education, and prospect nurturing.
February 2016 – February 2017
Provided marketing expertise and consulting to a variety of small businesses and marketing agencies, including previous employer. Consulting included: generation, marketing automation, campaign strategy, inbound marketing, social media strategy, new customer acquisition, marketing analysis, and project management.
Duties include establishing company brand and value proposition, initiating short and long-term marketing goals, implementing marketing automation system, establishing inbound marketing & demand generation objectives, creating a channel program, and building a thriving marketing program from the ground up.
- Executed marketing automation & Salesforce implementation that resulted in 150% revenue increase.
- Achieved 64.8% website traffic increase, 294% lead growth, and increased social media interactions by 154%.
- Launched email campaigns with average landing page conversion rates of 52% for client database & 19% for new subscribers.
January 2013 – February 2015
Areas of consulting and project management include: marketing creatives, content, SEO, keyword research, email campaigns, inbound marketing, marketing automation, copywriting, audio/video scripts, social media marketing and management, competitive market analysis, and marketing analytics.
Marketing Manager and Co-Owner
March 1997 – December 2012
La Grange, KY
Designed, implemented, and managed marketing campaigns for a variety of information products sold B2C and B2B. Executed market research, product development, branding, product creation, and marketing campaigns.
February 1990 – July 1993
U.S. Air Force
Loring Air Force Base, ME
Involved in all aspects of ground transportation, including dispatching, vehicle inspections, fleet management, and logistics.
- Managing fleet of over 400 vehicles and 126 personnel as Chief Dispatcher.
- Served in Desert Storm/Shield August 1990-July 1993.
- Earned AF Outstanding Unit Award With Valor, Good Conduct Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Southwest Asia Service Medal With 2 Bronze Stars, Kuwait Liberation Medal.
- Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts from Excelsior College in Albany, NY in 1997
- Associate of Science in Management from Community College of the Air Force in 1993
- Strategic Planning & Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Lead Generation/Landing Page Design
- Inbound Marketing Strategy
- SEO & SEM
- Content Marketing Strategy & Copywriting
- Affiliate Marketing Strategy
- Budget Management
- Marketing Strategy
- Social Media Marketing Strategy: LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Instagram, Youtube, Google+
- Multivariate and A/B Testing
- Campaign Strategy & Development
- Email Marketing
- Paid Search & Social Media Advertising
- Team Building, Collaboration & Leadership
- Web Analytics
- Marketing Automation: Hubspot, Marketo, Pardot, ActiveCampaign, etc.
- Channel Marketing
- CRM Integration & Management (Salesforce)
- Sales Strategy
Software: Photoshop, Microsoft Office, screen recording/video, audio editing, HTML, CSS, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, InDesign. Mac & PC.
Web/Media: Google Analytics, Paid Search Software, Autoresponders, CMS, FTP, Video/Audio, Google Adwords & Adsense, Social Media Platforms, Analytics Software, keyword tools, Sales Force, Marketing Automation software
Get in Touch
Feel free to contact me using the form to the right, through the social media inks below, or by calling me directly at 972-955-6624.
This is part of what I’ve been up to…
Job description keywords are arguably the most important facet of writing job descriptions and a huge part of your …
Recruitment marketing is one of those trendy terms being used to describe much of the work that recruiters and …
The other day I was astounded to hear a fellow “marketer” talking about how social media doesn’t really provide …
A lot of businesses thing of social media as nothing more than a platform to promote products and content, …
Traditional marketing isn’t quite dead yet, but it’s dying and giving way to inbound marketing pretty quickly. The whole …
Inbound Marketing SEO, and search engine optimization (SEO) in general, is often overlooked or ignored when businesses begin using inbound …
You’ve got about 3-5 seconds to grab someone’s attention once they land on your webpage or blog post.
Miss that …
SEO strategies and 2016 link building strategies continue to evolve with every search engine algorithm change, but one one …
There’s always a lot of debate about the best times to post on social media. Every social media expert has …